There are two basic types of disposals
Continuous feed disposals are turned on by a switch which activates the blades until you turn the switch off. While the disposal is in service water must be run to keep the waste moving in the right direction. Rubber flaps keep the food waste from coming out during operation. Most customers request this type of disposal.
Batch feed disposals do not have a switch. Instead food is placed into the disposal and then a cap is placed on the top to start the disposal.
Keep your disposal at its best!
- Run water before and after using the disposal
- Use only cold water when grinding food.
- Do not stuff too much into the disposal at once. overfilling can cause the machine to break down
- Avoid placing harsh chemicals into the disposal.
- Remember that not all materials can successfully be ground by the disposal. Beware of celery, artichokes, potato peelings, coffee grounds, bones, rubber and glass.